The Perfect Mocktail! Cheers!
Mocktails are alcohol-free drinks! Non-alcoholic drinks recipes are varied and can be very delicious. Now, let's get you a little mocktail? Cheers!
Making a good mocktail isn't rocket science when you know a few tricks! It's all about balance. Any good mocktail must be a clever mix of acidity, sugar and bitterness.
Here are two mocktail recipes for the summer season:
Sparkling Green Grape and Lime Mocktail
2 cups of seedless green grapes
Juice of 1 lime
Lime-flavoured sparkling water
- Fill two tall glasses with ice cubes, then set them aside.
- In a blender, grind the green grapes with the lime juice. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve and pour the liquid into the glasses.
- Add enough sparkling water to fill the glasses and enjoy.
Lemonade, Basil and Cucumber Mocktail
2 fresh basil leaves
2 cucumber slices
1/2 cup lemonade, homemade or store-bought
1/4 cup club soda
2 oz of non-alcoholic gin
A few ice cubes
2 lemon slices for garnish
- Place basil and cucumber in 2 glasses, then mash lightly with a pestle.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, then decorate each glass with a slice of lemon.