Optician , Guelph
IRIS is currently seeking a Licensed Optician / Contact Lens Fitter to join our dynamic eye care team at our busy location in beautiful Mississauga, Ontario.
IRIS The Visual Group is Canada's largest network of Eye Care Professionals, with over 150 locations across Canada. At IRIS, our mission is to provide the highest quality products and professional services in the world of eyecare.
IRIS offers very competitive wages, extended health benefits, quarterly bonus opportunities, a pension plan and an excellent work environment.
IRIS supports our professionals by paying for our full-time Licensed Opticians’ annual professional fees. We also support and assist many of our employees to complete their professional courses for industry specific training.
• Providing outstanding customer service
• Educating consumers on available vision correction options
• Selling high end products with enthusiasm and passion
• Fitting and dispensing eyewear
• General lensometry
• Troubleshooting vision correction devices
• Eyewear adjustments and repairs
• Contact Lens Fitting (applicable to licensed fitters) and insertion/removal training
• Invoicing, collecting payment and submitting direct billing insurance claims
• Booking appointments and general reception duties
• Pretesting/diagnostic testing
• Contributing to a positive team environment
• Contributing toward company sales objectives
In 2019 & 2020, IRIS Optometrists & Opticians ranked in the Forbes “Top 300 Best Employers in Canada” list.
The strength of the IRIS brand is built upon our employees and our commitment to our core values of Passion, Honesty, and Respect.
IRIS offers quarterly bonus opportunities, an employee eyewear program, pension plan contributions, opportunities for career advancement and for qualifying Full-time associates - extended health benefits.
In 2019, Forbes Magazine revealed the 300 top Canadian employers as per a recent survey conducted by Statista. IRIS ranked 38th overall and 1st in the optical industry! If you possess the qualities required for this role, we look forward to hearing from you.