Job opening for an individual with a passion for HR and organizational development,
Job opening for an individual with a passion for HR and organizational development
IRIS, The Visual Group is recruiting
IRIS, the largest network of optometrists, opticians and ophthalmologists under one banner in Canada, is looking for an individual that is passionate about organizational development.
Over the last 30 years, IRIS, The Visual Group has become a leader across Canada. It is thanks to its distinct concept and commitment to offering the highest quality products and services in the eye care industry that IRIS has succeeded in carving out a place in the market that is as solid as it is enviable.
IRIS has a well-defined long-term vision with the evolution of the customer experience at its core. We firmly believe that this level of experience must be reflected in our customers as well as in our internal teams. Our actions are guided by our values: passion, honesty and respect.
As a company with a reputation for being innovative and human, you will be at the very heart of its transformation by bringing forth your ideas and your leadership to attract and retain the loyalty of our most important asset, our teams and professionals that are at the heart of the IRIS extended family.
Under the supervision of the president, you will contribute to the support, development and the promotion of Human Resources in support of the accomplishment of the company’s business objectives. You will provide consultancy services to members of the management team and develop your team to ensure quality expertise and consultancy.
Your main responsibilities:
- Supervise the complete cycle of talent acquisition, from the analyses and planification of needs, to the recommendation of various strategies to attract talent, the verification of employment history and the preparation of the letter of offer of employment;
- Support mobilization by promoting employee performance and satisfaction by implementing programs to increase the sense of belonging and adherence to the company's values;
- Develop and implement programs, alone or in collaboration with a business partner, to meet specific requirements;
- Develop and coordinate internal and external training activities catered to teams and management;
- Develop, recommend and ensure the administration of overall compensation plans and policies (benefits, salary grid, working conditions, etc.) based on organisational needs and objectives, market trends and applicable laws;
- Ensure compliance with HR management programs and policies and participate in the improvement or creation and implementation of new procedures, programs, systems, tools and HR practices to keep pace with the market trends of the HR field, as well as current legislations;
- Advise management with regards to the various laws and provide them support in the day-to-day management of their teams (conflicts, performance monitoring and evaluation, disciplinary measures, organizational changes, etc.);
- Manage legal claims from the various authorities and representation of IRIS before said authorities;
- Assist your immediate supervisor and their colleagues in performing their duties if the need arises;
- All other related tasks.
Skills and Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in HR management, industrial relations, business administration or other related fields;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant management experience;
- Strong problem-solving and crisis-management skills;
- Organizational and planning skills;
- A strong sense of responsibility;
- An excellent knowledge of Quebec labour laws (knowledge of other provincial laws is an asset);
- Mobilization leadership and change-management skills;
- Ability to listen and analyze; fairness and thoroughness;
- Excellent written and verbal communicational skills;
- Customer-service oriented approach;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and online recruitment platforms;
- Fluency in both French & English;
- Occasional travel required;
- RHA or CRIA membership (an asset).
Benefits for you, your family and friends:
- Work/Family balance;
- Health and Wellness program;
- Employee eyewear program for you, your family and friends;
- Recognition and referral programs;
- Full range of benefits: salary insurance, group insurance, pension fund, etc.;
- Competitive salary;
- Paid professional fees;
- Personal days;
- And much more!
For the past two years, IRIS has been nominated as the best employer in the optical industry and as one of the best companies in Quebec, by the prestigious FORBES magazine.
Our social involvement:
IRIS is socially aware as it is involved in social programs such as: IRIS MUNDIAL and The Charles-Bruneau Foundation.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and your curriculum vitae to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org