Our healthcare professionals provide primary vision care including vision testing and correction.
Why have an eye exam?
The purpose of an eye examination is to check your overall eye health, measure changes to your vision and develop a plan to enhance and maintain your eyesight. An eye examination should always be performed by a licensed Optometrist or Ophthalmologist.
Why have an eye health and vision examination at IRIS?
The IRIS network includes over 300 Optometrists and Ophthalmologists across Canada. Our professionals maintain the highest standards of technical skills and are equipped with the latest advances in eye care technology.
- Digital retinal imaging – a computerized picture of the back of the eye to track health changes
- Automated peripheral vision screening – test for nerve damage due to glaucoma, tumours and stroke
- Internal eye pressure measurement – checks for risk of glaucoma
- High powered bio-microscopy – for detailed examination of internal and external layers of eye
- Automated corneal curvature measurement – to measure the shape of the eye
- Eye muscle coordination testing – to ensure comfortable reading and 3-D vision
Routine eye exams are recommended once a year for children and seniors aged 65+ and once every two years from adults aged 18-64.
What to expect from an adult eye exam:
- Your exam will take between 30 to 60 minutes. This time allows for all testing, answering any questions you might have about the results and developing a specific treatment plan for your visual needs.
- Your IRIS doctor will ask you about the visual demands you have in your daily activities, the history of your eye health as well as any diseases or conditions that may run in your family such as: diabetes and glaucoma.
- Your IRIS Optometrist will update your prescription and explain your options for improving your vision with new lens technologies, laser vision correction and how nutrition and supplements can help protect your vision and the health of your eyes.
- Your IRIS doctor will check your current eye health status as well as determine if there is any damage to your eyes from harmful UV light and blue light. Your doctor will also verify if your current sunglasses are providing proper eye protection and if not, will prescribe a sun solution for you.
- Once your eye exam is done, our team of devoted opticians will help you pick your new glasses and sunglasses! Many big brands of eyewear are available at IRIS, including Ad Lib, Alfred Sung, CHARMANT, Carrera, Chloé, Coach, Evatik, ESPRIT, FYSH, Hugo Boss, Isaac Mizrahi, Jimmy Choo, Kate Spade, KLiiK denmark, Lacoste, L.A.M.B, Maui Jim, Michael Kors, Mizyake, Nike, Nikon, OGA, OGI, Oakley, Prodesign, Rag and Bone, Ray-Ban, SPY, Seraphin, Steve Madden, Superflex, Tura, Ted Baker, Thing Light Glasses, Tiffany&Co, Titan Flex, Tom Ford, Tommy Hilfiger, Vera wang, Versace and many more.
Select your preferred appointment's date
Please note that this calendar is not the store’s calendar, it is a generic calendar.