WHY IS AN EYE EXAM NEEDED?
An eye examination aims to check your overall eye health, measure changes to your vision and develop a plan to enhance and maintain your eyesight. A licensed Optometrist or Ophthalmologist should always perform an eye examination.
WHY CHOOSE IRIS
FOR YOUR EYE EXAM?
The IRIS network includes over 300 Optometrists and Ophthalmologists across Canada. Our professionals maintain the highest standards of technical skills and are equipped with the latest advances in eye care technology, including:
- Artificial Intelligence - A.I. in optometry makes it easier and faster to detect eye diseases during eye examinations. With this technology, it is possible to detect and determine the stage and rate of progression of certain diseases that significantly impact your health.
- Digital retinal imaging – a computerized picture of the back of the eye to track health changes.
- Automated peripheral vision screening – test for nerve damage due to glaucoma, tumours, or stroke.
- Internal eye pressure measurement – checks for risk of glaucoma.
- High-powered bio-microscopy – for detailed examination of internal and external layers of the eye.
- Automated corneal curvature measurement – to measure the shape of the eye.
- Eye muscle coordination testing – to ensure comfortable reading and 3D vision.
- Routine eye exams are recommended yearly for children and seniors aged 65+ and 1 to 2 years for adults aged 18-64. Your optometrist will advise you on the frequency of visits for your specific needs.
DO YOU HAVE SPECIFIC NEEDS FOR YOUR EYES?
We offer specialized treatments for dry eye, binocular vision (visual rehabilitation), low vision, myopia control in children and more.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM AN EYE EXAM
Your exam will take between 30 to 60 minutes. Allowing for all testing, answering any questions you might have about the results and developing a specific treatment plan for your visual needs.
Your IRIS doctor will ask you questions about your daily activities, the history of your eye health, and any diseases or conditions that may run in your family, such as diabetes and glaucoma.
Your IRIS Optometrist will update your prescription and explain your options for improving your vision with new lens technologies, laser vision correction and how nutrition and supplements can help protect your vision and the health of your eyes.
Your IRIS doctor will check your current eye health status and determine if there is any damage to your eyes from harmful U.V. light and blue light. Your eye doctor will also verify if your current sunglasses provide proper eye protection and, if not, prescribe a sun solution.
WHAT IF I NEED GLASSES?
Once your eye exam is done, our devoted opticians will help you pick your new glasses and sunglasses! Many designer brand names are available at IRIS, including Carrera, Chloé, Coach, Hugo Boss, Jimmy Choo, Kate Spade, Lacoste, Maui Jim, Michael Kors, Oakley, Ray-Ban, SPY, Steve Madden, Ted Baker, Tiffany&Co, Tom Ford, Vera Wang, Versace and many more.